- 1 double vegan pie crust
- 6 large apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- To brush: coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Line a 8-9-inch pan with one of the pie crusts, and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Toss in a large bowl with all the ingredients (cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, sugar, butter, lemon and salt.) Set aside.
- Prick the bottom of the pie crust all over with a fork and then fill with the apples.
- With the remaining of the crust cut strips and lay them on top of the pie to make a lattice design, and crimp the edges of the two crusts together with your fingers or a fork.
- Brush the top of the pie with melted coconut oil and sprinkle it with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake the pie for about 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Cover just the outer rim of the pan with a ring of aluminum foil to prevent burning if necessary.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy!!