- 4.5 lbs Potatoes Yukon gold NOT peeled – cut into chunks
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cups vegan butter
- 1 lb cabbage
- 1 large leeks
- 2 cups oat or soy milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cut potatoes into a pot, cover with water, and add 2 tsp salt.
- Bring water to a boil. When potatoes are tender, drain (SAVE the water!!).
- Remove 1 cup of the potatoes and set aside along with the potato water for gravy recipe.
- Wash the leek and slice down the middle, and chop each half into thin pieces. Chop cabbage into thin slices.
- Over medium-high heat, melt vegan butter. Stir in cabbage and leeks and sauté until starting to soften. Stir in 1 cup oat or soy milk, reduce heat and cover. Allow mixture to steam in pot until mixture starts to reduce, uncovering as necessary to release steam. When most of the liquid has absorbed, remove from heat.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork. The goal is for flavor and not super smooth. Add cabbage, leek, oat milk mixture and mix to combine.
- Add fresh pepper and additional salt as needed.
- Top with vegan butter, parsley or serve with mushroom gravy!!