- 1 pound dried Fettuccine or other pasta of your choosing
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medius large potato, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- ¾ cup cashews (or white beans)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- paprika or chili flakes (if you would like it spicy)
- Prepared vegan chicken or air fried tofu
- Vegan parmesan
- Nutritional yeast
- Basil, chopped
- Add water, potato, onion, cashews and garlic to pot, bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside. If using gluten free pasta, rinse well after cooking.
- Once potatoes are soft, add all ingredients, including the water into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper (and optional chili flakes or paprika and nutritional yeast) and blend.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Add additional toppings and enjoy!