- 1 cup of uncooked lentils (green or brown), rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To cook the lentils, place them in a pot and cover with 3 cups of water and a tsp of sea salt. Bring to a simmer till lentils are tender; about 25 minutes.
- Use a strainer to drain and rinse lentils in cold water, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Mix the cooked lentils, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, tomato, and avocado in a large bowl and add the dressing. Toss until combined.