- 1 ½ cups ground oat flour* (or regular flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small mashed bananas or 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup plant-based milk (almond, oat, soy, or your favorite) – add more if mixture is too thick
- Coconut or avocado oil for pan
*grind rolled oats in a blender until flour-like consistency
Optional add ins:
- Chopped apples or pears
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit
- Cooked or poached fruit
- Maple syrup
- Vegan butter
- Nuts or nut butters
- Jam or fruit spread
1. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and mix to combine.
2. Add in mashed bananas, applesauce and plant based milk, stirring as you go to reduce lumps. But do not overmix.
4. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
5. While the mixture sits, prepare the pan/griddle. Add a small amount of coconut oil to the pan/griddle and turn to medium heat.
6. Use a ladle, cup, or ice cream scoop to measure out the pancake batter onto the pan. If adding mix-ins, sprinkle them in now.
7. Once the edges of the pancakes start to bubble, flip and cook until golden on both sides.
8. Add desired toppings and enjoy!