1 pkg water-packed organic firm tofu (fresh, not frozen)
½ tsp salt (optional: Himilayan Black Crystal Kala Namak Salt – tastes and smells like eggs!)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp turmeric
1T nutritional yeast
1-2T vegan butter
- Add vegan butter to the skillet and begin to melt on low heat.
- Drain tofu. Slice thinly and unevenly, with some pieces being wider and some smaller (remember you are replicating scrambled eggs), so avoid making the pieces too tiny or mushy.
- Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, and nutritional yeast. Gently combine and raise heat to medium.
- Cook until seasonings are incorporated, and tofu Is hot. Nothing needs to be “cooked,” so it is all about combining the flavors and reducing some of the water content of the tofu….but don’t make it dry!
- Serve as you would any scrambled egg dish. With toast, on a breakfast burrito, etc.
My favorite is with toast and avocado and some breakfast potatoes.
Fancy Scrambled Tofu Options: Add cooked onions, garlic, peppers, and greens. Add fresh scallions and/or vegan cheese at the end – incorporated into or on top!
Whatever you like!!