6 rice paper sheets
2 cups of lettuce or 6 sheets
1 large carrot thinly sliced or shredded
1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
2 cups red cabbage (could be any cabbage)
1 avocado sliced
14 ounces block tofu (1 block) pressed and cut in slices
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp paprika (smoked)
Mint optional, about 2-3 leaves per roll
Peanut Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp water or more if necessary
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp sriracha optional, for spice
How to cook the tofu:
1. First, press the tofu between two towels or two paper towels for 5 minutes to soak up any excess moisture.
2. Remove the pressed tofu and slice.
3. Then, add to a large bowl and add in the soy sauce, paprika, and coconut aminos.
4. Mix together until the tofu is completely coated.
5. Bring the tofu to the air fryer for around 15 minutes, or you can totally pan-fry it.
6. Once cooked, set the tofu aside.
Assembling the fresh rolls:
1. Chop the veggies and prep the herbs.
2. Add warm water into a large bowl or plate to wet the rice paper sheets.
3. Spray a board with a little oil or brush water on the surface so it is damp.
4. Dip each sheet of rice paper in the bowl of water to moisten the surface for a few seconds. Then, lay the sheet of rice paper onto the board.
5. Place the lettuce close to the bottom edge of the rice paper and top it with chopped vegetables and mint.
6. Add one tofu slice about 2 inches above the stacked vegetables on the rice paper.
7. Take the lower edge of the rice paper with the toppings and roll it up until you reach the tofu. Then, fold in the left and right sides of the rice paper, so it covers the tofu.
8. Continue rolling the spring roll and press together the end to seal.
9. Repeat this process with each fresh tofu roll.
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
Make the peanut dipping sauce by adding to a small bowl the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, maple syrup, and sriracha (optional), and mix well until smooth and creamy. Pour into a small serving dish.