- 1 sweet potato peeled & cubed
- 14.5 oz (411g) of green beans (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 15.5 oz (439g) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2“ knob of ginger peeled and chopped
- 13.5 oz (400ml) of coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp (5g) of turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbsp (23.5g) of plant-based yellow curry paste
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Sauté the onion on medium heat until translucent, about 5 mins.
2. Add in sweet potato, ginger, and garlic and continue to cook on medium-low heat for 5-8 mins (add a bit of water if it begins to stick.)
3. Add curry paste, turmeric, and chickpeas, and the remaining water. Cover the pot and let cook for 25 mins or until the sweet potato begins to soften.
4. Add in the green beans, coconut milk, salt & pepper and continue to cook covered for another 15 -20 mins. The potato should be cooked through, and the curry sauce reduced a bit.
5. Serve with your choice of rice or noodles.