- 1 ½ cups plant-based milk
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Bread (any kind works, a little stale is best)
- Vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- Fresh fruit
- Cooked or poached fruit
- Maple syrup
- Vegan butter
- Nuts or nut butters
- Jam or fruit spread
- In a large flat dish combine plant-based milk, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and nutritional yeast, and whisk gently.
- Add a generous amount of vegan butter to the skillet and turn burner to medium.
- Gently dip bread in mixture, making sure to evenly coat both sides.
- Place dipped bread on skillet.
- Cook the bread slowly so that the mixture can cook all the way through. Once one side has browned, flip the bread, and cook the other side.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!